Foundations are very important part of makeup not only because they are said so but they are the base we apply on our faces first, to make our skin look flawless and beautiful. And since these are the important part of our makeup, they have to be perfectly matched with our skin. Foundations are like the base and most essential item in any woman’s makeup kit because they help in getting rid of any skin discoloration, marks, acne scars and even skin pigmentation. It is the thing in the makeup kit that no one can ever miss or avoid and so it makes the whole process of foundation selection very important. There can be different ways to apply foundation on the skin.one can use a brush, dry sponge or a damp sponge for it. The whole idea for any foundation relays on its finish and the type of skin you have. So be sure about the skin you have and how you want it to be after the make and you are sorted for your foundation.
Buying Guide for Foundation
Even though it has been told a thousand times, foundations are the key element in any makeup and their importance makes them very crucial for us. So no one should take a risk of getting a wrong foundation for their skin. And when it is not rocket science to get the perfect foundations, here are the most important features of any foundation you should look upon before you get one.
The shade should be matched perfectly: be sure that you purchase the perfect shade and by perfect shade, it means the shade that is a shade lighter than your face shade as the foundation will oxidize throughout the day. The best way to test the shade is to test it on your face and not on your arm or neck. Also when you are testing it keep the shade of your neck in mind and try to match it also. Never pick a shade darker or too lighter than your face shade as it would make you look darker or paler than you actually are.
Know your Undertone: never take undertone as a joke as then your whole idea of perfect makeup look goes in vain. If you have warm complexion then go for the foundation that has a yellow undertone in it and if you are confirmed with cool complexion, pick the foundation with pink undertone in it. Getting wrong with undertones it as bad as, getting the wrong foundation shade.
Coverage is very-very Important: once the shade and the undertone of any foundation is done then comes the coverage. Know what kind of coverage are you looking for from this foundation? And that depends a lot on the occasion you are taking the foundation for. if you are looking for a wedding or party take high coverage foundation and if you want a day wear foundation go for light to medium coverage depending on the skin and pigmentation on the skin you have. Usually, skin discoloration and pigmentation need medium and high coverage foundations. Know that the coverage can be built with light and medium coverage foundation also for a flawless skin.
The Finish of the Foundation: the finish of your foundation totally depends on the science of your face. If you have combination to oily skin than go for a matte finish foundation as it will control the oil by the finish but if you have normal to dry skin you can add the glow by choosing a dewy finish foundation. Keep in mind that the dewy finish foundation on combination to oily skin will add more oil and make it look like a layer of oil on your face.
Match the Shade with the Season: this may sound a little tricky and stupid but yes your skin changes color whenever you step out. Even after those layers of sunblock, your skin shade warms up and so keep in mind the season, if it is summer you might want a shade or two difference in the shade of your foundation depending on the foundation and its oxidation level and in winters one shade will do the business of flawless makeup base.
Top 10 Foundations Picked Only For You
Now that you get the basic and how to choose the best foundation that will make your makeup look flawless and perfect, here are the top 10 foundation picks for you to choose from. These have been all time favorite and you will know why.
1. L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Visible Lift Serum Absolute Foundation:
From the house of one of the best makeup brands, L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Visible Lift Serum Absolute foundation is one of the best foundations out there. It not only makes your face look smoother and brighter but also makes sure that you look flawless every time you use it. It helps in the evening your skin tone and keeps it hydrated all the time. Infused with Vitamin C and Pro-Retinol this foundation also has an SPF of 17 that make sure you don’t have to add another layer of sunblock when applying your makeup.
- It is very hydrating and light on the skin.
- This foundation has an SPF 17 in it.
- It does not fill in facial lines or clog your pores when it is on the skin.
- It even out your tone for a perfect makeup look.
- This foundation offers a smoother, brighter and flawless look.
- This foundation comes in a pump style bottle that makes the product difficult to use when it reaches the pump high as a lot of product is left in the base but the pump does not pick up.
2. Clinique Even Better Makeup Foundation:
Clinique Even Better Makeup foundation is a very good coverage foundation with the matte finish. It is a good option for people with combination to oily skin and is good for day wear or casual makeup look. This foundation does not contain any paraben, fragrance or phthalates that makes it so much good for your skin. This foundation offers a good coverage in very little of the product making Clinique even Better foundation very efficient.
- This foundation offers very good coverage in very little of the product like just a dab or two for your entire face and you are good to go.
- It is very light on the skin and coverage make the makeup look flawless and perfect.
- The no paraben and fragrance formula of this foundation makes it better for the skin as it does not irritate your skin or gives rashes and is perfect for even problematic skin.
- This foundation lasts very long keeping your makeup intact throughout the day.
- This product has an SPF of 15 that removes a whole layer of sunblock from your makeup routine.
- This foundation from Clinique is good for combination to oily skin but it might look cakey on dry skin if not properly blended.
3. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup Foundation:
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup Foundation comes in a classic bottle packaging with a golden screw. The consistency of this foundation is not too runny or too thick and it is good for combination to oily skin and works well for dry skin too. This foundation has medium coverage and it is good to hide skin discolorations and imperfections really nicely. It stays on for a good long time and is a long wear foundation.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place foundation is perfect for covering your skin unevenness and imperfections like discolorations and scars as it gives you an even and fresh look.
- It stays on the skin for long without cracking or becoming cakey.
- It feels very light on the skin and offers a flawless makeup look.
- This foundation has a downside for dry skin as it can become cakey and chappy if you don’t apply a moisturizer beneath while prepping your skin.
4. Boots No7 Lift & Luminate SPF15 Foundation:
Boots No7 Lift & Luminate SPF15 Foundation is an illuminating foundation that provides a natural glow to the skin after the application. It contains a polymer that provides the skin a visible lift after application and offers a firm and matte look. This foundation also evens out the skin complexion and evens out the skin tone along with maintaining the elasticity of skin making it look young and fresh.
- It makes the skin look even and fresh after application.
- It brightens up the skin and offers a natural glow to the skin.
- It does not dries out the skin and offers young and smooth makeup look
- This foundation has great coverage but you have to build it up and blend it otherwise it can look cakey.
5. IT COSMETICS Bye Bye Foundation:
IT COSMETICS Bye Bye Foundation SPF 50+ Full Coverage Moisturizer is a mineral based foundation that is great for aging skin as it offers a clean, fresh and youthful look after application. It works as a foundation with good coverage, moisturizer which is hydrating to the skin and has UVA/UVB SPF of 50 acting as a sunblock for your skin. This foundation lasts all day long and offers a great coverage. It shows visible smoothness and freshness after the application and is great for your skin.
- This foundation makes gives your skin a flawless and beautiful skin after application.
- It acts as a foundation, moisturizer and SPF all in one making it multi-taking foundation.
- It offers great coverage and youthful radiance.
- It is good to hide in skin discolorations and imperfections and gives a smooth and even toned skin.
- This foundation is not very long lasting and can feel like an extra layer on your face after some time.
6. Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Base Light 44 Foundation:
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Base Light 44 Foundation is one of the best foundations out there to hide in your skin imperfections, discolorations and redness. Not only this foundation provides awesome coverage in one go it has a great build up without looking cakey on your face. It does not fill in your pores or between the lines making your skin does not suffocate with layers of makeup over it. It helps in getting rid of all the blemishes, dark circles and preps your skin to look all fresh and beautiful.
- This foundation is totally Vegan and free of any animal-derived ingredient.
- It helps in making the skin smooth and radiant.
- It is made with a sweat-proof formula to keep your makeup intact.
- It is a good choice for all skin types, especially for oily skin.
- This foundation offers good coverage for acne but it is better to do a patch test before to ensure it suits your skin.
See Also: 10 Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin
7. Youngblood Natural Mineral Loose Foundation:
Youngblood Natural Mineral Loose Foundation is a powder based foundation that is formulated to offer ultimate coverage from sheer to full. It comes with a naturally luminous finish and is suitable for all skin types. It is a non-drying foundation even though it is a powder-based product and it does not clog the pores. The powder formulation of this product makes it easier for the skin to breathe. It is a natural ingredient based foundation.
- This foundation makes the skin look fresh and smooth instantly.
- It is made with all natural ingredients and is paraben free, talc free and vegan. It is also PETA certified cruelty free foundation.
- It is skin friendly and non-irritating to the skin.
- It professionally covers many dermatological conditions without inhibiting skin’s healing process.
- It is light weighted and offers great coverage.
- Although the foundation is a steal deal in itself it does not come with a very broad shade range so it might be difficult for you to get your perfect match.
8. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination:
It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination is a great foundation with the formula for the drop of light technology which instantly brightens up the skin after the application. It is a very high pigmented powder foundation and offers great coverage on the skin. It lasts all day long and keeps the makeup intact. It is great to hide in fine lines and pores and offers an airbrushed makeup look. It includes ingredients like peptides and antioxidants for a youthful look.
- This foundation brightens the skin after application and makes the texture of the skin smooth making it look fresh and flawless.
- It helps in getting rid of fine lines and pores on your face offering the youthful glow.
- It offers great coverage to the skin because of its pigmentation and is formulated for anti-aging results.
- It lasts all day long keeping your makeup look intact throughout the day.
- Always do patch tests on your skin before you go for the foundation as it might make your skin to break out of the formula does not suit you.
9. LORAC POREfection Foundation:
LORAC POREfection Foundation offers a pore-less makeup look and makes the skin look silky smooth. It comes with an SPF of 20 so there is no need for an extra sunblock layer on your face. It is a naturally formulated foundation without any oil, paraben and fragrance offering best skin-friendly composition. It also helps in evening out the skin complexion and offers medium to full coverage. This foundation can be applied easily with a brush or a sponge for the flawless and beautiful makeup look.
- This foundation formulated with natural ingredients making it skin friendly.
- It comes with an SPF so no extra sunblock is needed.
- It evens out the complexion like a magic and offers flawless makeup look.
- It also includes anti-aging oxidants like Vitamin A and C to offer healthy and youthful radiance.
- It offers a pore-less and silky smooth finish after the application.
- Although the foundation offers good coverage it can become oily if it is applied for long hours.
See Also: Best Anti Redness Cream Products
10. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Foundation:
La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Mattifying Mousse Foundation is a matte finish foundation that minimizes the pores on your skin and offers even flawless makeup look. It has good coverage on the skin and hides in the skin pigmentation and blemishes after application. It is a lightweight and mousse texted foundation that offers oil-free look throughout the day. It is great for all skin types and works well for sensitive skin also. It is also a naturally formulated foundation that is paraben and fragrance-free.
- This foundation offers an oil-free flawless look throughout the day.
- It is very light weight for skin and makes your skin feel good and breathable because of its mousse-like texture.
- This foundation minimizes the pore appearance on the skin and covers blemishes and skin unevenness very well.
- It is paraben-free, fragrance-free and oil-free that makes it good for the skin.
- Being a good foundation it comes only in 5 shades, and it might be possible that one does not get a shade close to their skin.
So these were the top 10 foundations that could be great options based on your skin color, type and dermatological issues. Also, these foundations have benefits like natural formulations, flawless makeup looks and all day long wear. But the thing to keep in mind while choosing a foundation is to see if it matches your skin needs and type as it is very important that foundation has to be good for you then be good at all.
Posts You May Also Like:
- How To Treat Sun Damaged Skin Naturally
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally and Permanently
- Easy Tips To Prevent Dry Skin in Winter
- Best Face Moisturizers Cream for Sensitive Skin
- Tips to Make Your Skin and Body Beautiful & Healthy