The famous 10-step Korean skincare routine is an intimate journey between you and your products. If you’re starting a skincare routine, you shouldn’t follow an influencer, friend, or sister’s advice. You should use products according to your specific needs and skin kind. On that note, sensitive skin is one of the most challenging skin types to deal with, so you shouldn’t just choose the most popular products, and you should take precautions in using new releases.
Korean skincare companies have been developing solutions and treatments for all skin types. The most sought-after Korean skincare products are from COSRX, a leading skincare expert. The brand has advanced several product lines made for skin types like acne-prone, dry, combination, and sensitive.
Here are Some of the COSRX Products for Sensitive Skin
1. Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser:
The first product on the list is the Good Morning Gel Cleanser that boasts of having low pH. Your skin’s pH level affects the amount of acid on your face, and your sensitive skin will benefit from a cleanser with low pH. You should use a mild product even if you thoroughly washed your face the night before.
How to use the gel cleanser:
- Apply the product on your dry face.
- Create a lather with gentle circular motions.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm or lukewarm water.
If you’re looking for a gentle cleanser that’s good for both morning and evening routines, you will benefit from the natural BHA and tea tree oil extracts.
2. Aloe Soothing Sun Cream:
Sensitive skin is prone to redness and irritation, so you shouldn’t skip sun protection. The second product for sensitive skin is the Aloe Soothing Sun Cream with SPF50 PA+++ sun protection and aloe leaf extract to keep your skin moisturized even during hot days.
How to use sun cream:
- Apply the product after your daily morning skincare routine.
- Make sure that you coat all areas that are exposed to the sun.
The product is suitable for sensitive skin, and it can also be used for your face. Its gentle formulation allows you to wear makeup like you don’t have sunscreen.
3. Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask:
Your nighttime skincare routine shouldn’t end before bedtime. Your sensitive skin will benefit from having an added layer of protection while you sleep. This product is infused with herbal, allantoin, and propolis extracts to pamper, moisturize, and soothe your tired skin overnight.
How to use the overnight mask:
- Apply the product after your daily night time skincare routine.
- Let the mask dry thoroughly before going to sleep.
You can use the product as a regular moisturizer or a wash-off mask after your skincare regimen.
4. Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner:
The next item on the list is the Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner enriched with Centella Asiatica leaf water and other natural ingredients. This alcohol-free product can help you deal with possible breakouts and blemishes. If you have sensitive skin, you can use it to help soothe your face before applying treatments.
How to use the toner:
- Dampen a cotton round/ball/square with the toner.
- Gently wipe the product across your face with emphasis on the T-zone and cheeks.
The toner is gentle on your face, and it helps maintain the pH level balance to hydrate your skin without the oil.
5. Pure Fit Cica Calming True Sheet Mask:
Those with sensitive skin will need to use a sheet mask at least once a week to ensure that it gets sufficient moisture and hydration. The next item is the Pure Fit Cica Calming True Sheet Mask containing Centella Asiatica extracts and pycnogenol that help nourish your face.
How to use the sheet mask:
- Apply it after the serum or ampoules in your 10-step skincare habit.
- If you don’t have a routine, you can apply the mask after your toner.
- Leave the sheet on your face for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the mask.
- Gently pat the leftover essence until dry.
This sheet mask can easily complement any product, so you don’t have to worry about compatibility.
Sensitive skin is hard to deal with, but luckily COSRX has the right range of products for your skin. This simple fact is why you should use skincare products that can cater to your specific needs. If you use chemicals that are not good for sensitive skin, you may do more harm than good. Study your skin’s needs, and it will pay off long term.