A wart is not a very popular disease, so some people may feel embarrassed when catching it. So what are warts? Warts are small tumors that are benign, lumpy, and incubated for months to appear. On the skin manifestation, warts can be small white or pink flesh spot that can cause itching and pain. There are many reasons that lead to warts. The main one is HPV virus (Human Papilloma Virus) that penetrates the skin through external scratches such as bites of pets, poor hygiene, barefoot, metabolic disorders, a weak immune system (more common in older people and pregnant women) or even neurasthenia.
Warts are also present in a variety of forms and usually develop on the feet, fingers, face or any other area of the skin. In particular, warts can grow singly or in clusters, which are able to spread rapidly even if they are lightly touched. However, don’t worry too much about this disease since we have various methods to get rid of them. We can rely on the specific treatments from doctors or apply natural remedies that can be simply done at home but effectively. Here are the most effective and simple effective remedies on how to get rid of warts.
Top 8 Home Remedies to Remove Warts Naturally
1. Get Rid of Warts with Garlic
Due to the activity of Azooene, diallyl-trisulfide, diallyl disulfide, and sulfur active ingredient that possesses the antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. It is also an effective way to treat warts largely applied by grandparents from ancient times. In addition, the active allicin in garlic helps the skin to become whitened and smooth, enhance the resistance, limit the development of bacteria that cause skin diseases, and help the tissue on the skin become healthy.
It is very simple to heal warts with garlic with the following steps:
- Rub a bunch of fresh garlic and put on the warts
- Keep for 2-3 hours then wash warts with warm water
Consistently treat this wart with garlic at least 3 times a week. Each time after the implementation, the skin should be washed with diluted salt water for the better result
Note immediately after pounding because allicin active substances will be quickly oxidized in the air, thereby losing the effectiveness of garlic.
2. Slaked Lime for Warts
This is one of the most effective folk remedies for warts but you have to suffer from pains. You can do wart treatment with slaked lime as follows:
- Prepare a sewing needle, a carefully sterilized knife with 90-degree alcohol
- Use alcohol or salt water to clean the area of warts. Use the knife to bore around warts, use the needle to raise wart cores
- At this time you will feel a little painful and bloodshed, apply slaked lime directly on the wart cores
- Use cotton gauzes to bandage the wart areas until dry, then remove the gauze and rinse with clean water
The method to remove warts with slaked lime is a bit painful but immediately effective since slaked lime will promote the effect of killing bacteria and quickly breakdown warts.
So if you do not tolerate pain, do not apply this way.
3. Remove Warts with Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is not only beneficial for the face skin but it also has many uses in the antiseptic and treatment of other skin diseases. The aloe vera contains malic acid which is used to kill bacteria, remove dead cells, and collapse the acne effectively. So using aloe vera for warts surely brings the high efficiency.
To get rid of warts with this material, let’s do as following
- Prepare a bunch of aloe vera, slit it to drain the yellow resin and filter the meat
- Grind the meat smoothly then apply it directly to the skin with warts
- For about 20 minutes so that the nutrients in aloe vera permeate into the skin then rinse the treated skin with clean water
- Perform the solution 1-2 times per day until warts disappear totally. This way will give back to you the smooth skin
4. Perilla Leaves For Warts
Numerous studies have shown that perilla leaves contain a lot of peril aldehyde and limonene which are able to regulate skin secretions and inhibit the growth of bacteria effectively. Wart treatment with perilla leaves has been applied by many people thanks to simple advantage, cost savings. In particular, the leaves are very benign and can be applied to any area, regardless of skin type (dry, oily, combination, acne or scratched skin).
How to do:
- With this simple natural wart medication, you only need to select 200g of perilla leaves, rinse thoroughly, grind them well then filter the juice
- Drink half of the juice and the other to apply directly to the warts
- Place the perilla leaf residue on the wart areas then use cotton gauzes to bandage the warts
- Leave it on overnight, rinse with clean water on the next morning
- Persistently perform at least 3 times per week to be effective soon
Note that when doing the method, you can add a little salt to the perilla leaf juice or mix tooth-paste or slaked lime with perilla leaf residue to apply on warts.
5. Ripe Banana Peel For Wart Removal
Bananas are one of the most nutritious fruits, but if you eat too much, you may have problems with your health. One interesting discovery is that banana peels contain a lot of lutein, an antioxidant, and lots of potassium that can cure many diseases related to the skin. When you apply a banana peel mask, you will get rid of acne, warts, psoriasis, and dark and oily skin quickly. Using banana peel for getting rid of warts on the skin is a simple way to make skin smooth and healthy. Lumpy and ugly warts will be destroyed after several weeks of implementation.
How to do:
- Cut a piece of banana peel that is slightly larger than the size of a wart, you should use ripe banana peel for the better result
- Then put the banana peel on the wart so that the inner part of the banana peel comes in contact with the wart
- Next, use tape or medical tape to fix the wart with the banana peel
- Keep the banana peel overnight & then remove it on the next morning
Wart treatment with banana peel will help you save money and do it simply in the treatment process. However, this method requires you to persist in the long run to bring efficiency. In case of the disease has been long, warts have grown thick, this way does not work much. So, when seeing the first signs of the disease, use this treatment at once.
6. Treat Warts with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is very familiar with women in beauty and protecting health. The most outstanding feature of apple cider vinegar is possessing antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory properties, and natural acids. Whereby, apple cider vinegar is applied a lot in treating skin problems. In terms of warts, though apple cider vinegar cannot destroy the virus causing warts, acids in it can support to treat the disease effectively if regularly applied.
How to do:
- Clean the areas around warts with clean water or diluted soap solution
- Moisturize warts by placing a wet cotton swab on the wart areas for 15 minutes, after that dry the areas
- Continue to get another wet cotton ball and dip it in apple cider vinegar; leave it on warts for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with clean water
This method to get rid of warts with apple cider vinegar is simple, effective, and economical.
Note: Apply apple cider vinegar three times a day for 7 days, and then warts will slowly turn brown, dry and disappear automatically
Remember that apple cider vinegar can cause minor skin lesions, do not panic, and let’s use a little aloe vera gel to apply directly to the damaged skin to solve the problem.
7. Fig For Warts
The scientific name of a fig is Ficus Glomerata, belonging to the Moraceae family. According to the modern research, figs have glucose, shikimic acid, saccharose, quinic acid, oxalic acid, auxin, citric acid, malic acid, trace elements such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium and some vitamins such as C, B1. In addition to its good use for digestive organs, fig juice is capable of removing warts as it is considered as antioxidants and antivirals in water. At the same time, the juice also helps prevent the infection caused by warts, making the skin smoother.
How to do:
- Choose fresh figs with lots of latex, then cut the figs to get fig resin
- Apply the resin directly to warts. Remember to shield the skin care and limit exposure to the sun because it can make the skin get sunburns easily.
- Let’s do the remedy 3 times a day, continuously for about 2 weeks, you will notice a marked improvement.
Also Read: Best Creams to Remove Mole
8. Potato Sprout For Warts
Another natural remedy to remove warts is using sprouted potatoes. Potatoes are known for the rich in vitamin C that is effective for the skincare. However, to get rid of warts, only vitamin C is not enough, so we need alkaloid essence in potato sprouts to destroy HBV virus. But you should note that alkaloid is very toxic for health if consuming it.
How to do:
- Wrap potatoes with a wet cloth and put them under the bed for germination
- When the sprouts are about 2-3cm long, cut then crush them
- Use both potato sprout juice and residue to place on warts and use gauzes to fix them after about 1 hour. Wash the treated skin areas with warm water
Apply regularly several times per week, after some week; you will be surprised by the result that the potato sprouts bring
All the above remedies for warts have been widely used and brought a lot of good results. However, of course, they cannot make warts disappear just several times of use, so you need to be persistent to do these methods properly. For sure, they will not get you down.
This guest post is by Emily Pham, a blogger with over 10 years of experience in searching the effective remedies for skincare and health problems.