Having a silky soft skin is a dream for many but it can be a long journey for some. It is not easy to have smooth skin that can be the envy of every woman. You need to take special care of it to have the required effect. If you are like me, you might also be trying to keep up with all the advancements in skincare industry. Lately, everyone has been talking about Microdermabrasion. Your friends are talking about it, you are noticing it on your Spa menu as well, your dermatologist knows all about it, but how much do you know? If you are searching for more information related to Microdermabrasion, then you have come to the right place! I will not only explain the basics of Microdermabrasion but also suggest a list of highly approved Microdermabrasion Machine. My list is a one-stop source for all your microdermabrasion machine needs, you will find microdermabrasion kits that you can use at home and even professional microdermabrasion machines. So if you are on the lookout for microdermabrasion at home or using these microdermabrasion products professionally, read on to know all about it.
First of all, what is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a skin procedure that exfoliates and removes the impurities present in the uppermost layer of your skin. This impurity can be in the form of dry and dead skin or any foreign object. Microdermabrasion machines are used to buff and polish your skin with the help of a diamond tip or fine crystals. Some microdermabrasion machines even have the suction capacity to remove the skin through vacuum, while others have a mechanical brush to gently scrub and exfoliate your skin. Microdermabrasion will not only give you a fresh and glowing skin but can also clear up your clogged pores, reduce fine lines, and tone your skin. Thus, it is the regular maintenance of your skincare regime.
Things you need to keep in mind while Purchasing a Microdermabrasion Machine
There are certain factors that determine which microdermabrasion machine would be suitable and more preferable over the others. These determining factors are:
Your skin type determines what kind of Microdermabrasion Machine you should be buying. If you have oily and acne-prone skin, settle for one that will remove the excess sebum from the skin’s surface. Also, if you have dry skin, use a brush or a scrub type machine to moisturise your skin. It is also important to consider if the machine is suitable for sensitive skin, especially when you have a skin that is prone to skin inflammation.
How often would you be using the machine is also an important factor to consider. The professional microdermabrasion machines can be used just once or twice in a month, while the brush type machine can be used daily. Understand your skin’s requirement to purchase a device that you can use as per your need.
Certain microdermabrasion machines are equipped with extra heads and attachments that may take care of other skin issues as well. For example, some specialise in the removal of blackheads. Hence, understand your skin problems and choose a machine that addresses these skin issues and rectifies it.
Now that you know what microdermabrasion is and how to select the perfect device for you.
Let us see the 10 Best Microdermabrasion Machine Available in the Markets
1. Microderm GLO Diamond Microdermabrasion System by Nuvederm:
The Microderm GLO Diamond Microdermabrasion System by Nuvederm is an attempt to empower women like us to be independent for our skincare needs. This device can renew and revitalise your skin in just 4 minutes! This microdermabrasion can get rid of not just dead and flaky skin but also the bacteria build-up that occurs. It makes use of both the technologies of diamond exfoliation and suction to give you healthy and glowing skin. It is the ideal device for microdermabrasion at home without having to spend over expensive appointments at the salon.
- Makes use of the patented Diamond Safe3D technology to promote the growth of healthy cells.
- Improves blood circulation to the targeted area hence helping rebuild skin elasticity.
- Founders of the device have used their expertise while working for the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Safe for all skin types.
- Quick and simple operation and comes with a cleaning brush for easily cleaning the device after use.
- It has a compact build and is extremely portable due to the tiny design and cordless use.
- If you have sensitive skin, then this may appear to be too strong for your comfort.
- Accessories contain only a single diamond head.
2. Microdermabrasion Diamond Pen Vacuum Machine:
The Microdermabrasion Diamond Pen Vacuum Machine is a small and light device that can be easily used to give your skin a new life. It comes with multiple attachments all for various uses. The Diamond Head helps exfoliate the skin. The suction helps remove blackheads and to clear up the pores. The Oval Hole head is used to reduce fine wrinkles, since it promotes blood circulation to the face and thus rebuilds collagen. The box also contains spare cotton filters.
- Light design and compact build.
- Very effective in the removal of blackheads.
- Affordable and does its job well.
- Can only be used when it is plugged in.
- The suction can be a little too strong; hence it is wise to use it at its lowest setting first and graduate to a comfortable power.
3. Kendal Professional 3 in 1 Professional Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine:
This is the perfect one-stop destination device for all your microdermabrasion needs. It gives the same feel and effect of that of a professional device at any aesthetician, salon, or dermatologist’s office. It comes with 3 main functions: Diamond Microdermabrasion function, Massage function, and Skin Scrubber function. It comes with NINE Diamond tips, each classified and sub-classified for getting the perfectly clean look. The Large, Medium, and Small diamond tip contains 3 different gradients, namely, Fine, Medium, and Coarse. Not only that, it also comes with 360 cotton filters! That is like a bumper harvest on accessories and essential spare items.
- You can mimic an in-office like treatment right in the comforts of your home.
- Easy to use and setup.
- Meets all your microdermabrasion, massage, and scrubbing requirements.
- You do not have to spend extra on extra attachments or other accessories.
- Multiple heads with different gradients to suit all your microdermabrasion needs.
- Does not come with an instruction manual (Not really a con considering that the machine is easy to use)
- If you are just starting off and are new to microdermabrasion, then it is better to go for a basic device.
- Slightly expensive (but works as an investment)
4. Clarisonic Mia 2, 2 Speed Facial Sonic Cleansing Brush:
Clarisonic is a device that can do so much more than just cleaning your face. It is capable of removing makeup, oil, dirt and even sweat. It has a patented micro-massage motion that enhances the skin’s natural elasticity and gently removes all the impurities present on your skin surface. It makes use of sonic oscillating technology in which the spinning and rotating bushes will tug at the dead and dry skin.
- Suitable for delicate and sensitive skin. So gentle that it can be used twice a day.
- Can double as a facial massager and makeup remover.
- Comes with extra heads, applicators, and attachments that can handle cream and cleanser application.
- Device is 100% waterproof
- Has 2 different settings, fast and slow, depending on your need and skin type.
- Equipped with T-timer prompts that assist you in moving the brush around on your face.
- Is cordless and rechargeable.
- If you are looking for a more aggressive microdermabrasion machine then this is not ideal for you.
- The high speed spinning brush may result in water splashing everywhere while in use.
- May run out of charge quickly.
5. ZENY Pro Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine:
If you wish to replicate the spa-like feeling and perform suction based microdermabrasion at home, then this is a perfect device for you. This product will take care of your blemishes, dull skin, enlarged skin pores, fine wrinkles, and aging skin. If you suffer from acne breakouts, then this device can also help in lightening the acne scars. If you are looking for a suction microdermabrasion machine, then do not be intimidated by the price because it is a great investment that will pay out for the years following its purchase. In fact, this device costs less than a single visit to some spas and you can use it as an when your skin demands! The accessories available along with the microdermabrasion machine are: Stainless steel wands, rubber rings (of two sizes), diamond tips, Cotton filters (of two sizes), and PVC hose.
- You can adjust the vacuum strength with the help of a dial.
- It comes with a range of accessories and spare parts that make it lasting.
- The accessories are present in different sizes to meet any of your requirements.
- Perfect for microdermabrasion at home.
- Since the device is designed for personal use, the suction is not as strong as that of a spa device.
- The unit is loud and the noise it makes can disturb others.
- While it carries out multiple responsibilities, it is also bulky.
- The User Manual provided by the company may be vague so you will need assistance from instructional videos on YouTube to know how to use it best.
6. Pro-Nu Personal Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine:
The Pro-Nu Personal Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine specialises in fixing skin’s pigmentation disorder. There can be many reasons to uneven skin tone, including hyperpigmentation, age spots, shallow pock youth, and rough skin after sun exposure, liver spots, freckles, and melisma. This single device can take care of everything. Other than that, it is capable of carrying out its usual functions of removing dead skin, thus, improving skin’s elasticity and giving a younger looking skin. Other than the microdermabrasion machine, the box includes diamond heads, blackhead suction attachment, and filters.
- Effective in skin whitening and toning.
- It can even remove blackheads.
- Device is rechargeable so you don’t have to keep looking for batteries to use it.
- Can only be used when plugged in.
- The instructions on the User Manual are inadequate.
7. Kendal Professional Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine:
If you run your own salon, then this device would be the wisest investment you can make. The Kendal Professional Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine HB-SF01 is the perfect device for a professional setup. But that’s not all, if you are experienced in Microdermabrasion, then you can even use this to have the spa-like feeling of microdermabrasion at home. It carries all the functions of a regular Microdermabrasion Machine but with a little more power. It can effectively remove skin debris and reduce scars, uneven pigmentation, wrinkles, and blemishes on your skin. The microdermabrasion kit contains 9 Diamond tips all having different gradients to target all the various skin issues that you may face. It may seem like a costly machine but believe me, it will have a greater return in terms of service.
- You can reach even the tricky spots near your mouth and eyes using their fine diamond tips.
- You can control suction pressure using an adjustable dial.
- The machine is compact, easy to store, and easy to clean. It is made of good material too.
- Kendal is a well-known brand of Microdermabrasion Machines and hence purchasing this ensures that they offer you their best in class customer care service.
- If you are a beginner at using microdermabrasion machine then this device may seem confusing.
- The instructions in the User Manual are not very clear but you can seek help over YouTube regarding the assembly and the usage.
8. QQCute Comedo Suction Microdermabrasion Machine:
The QQCute Comedo Suction Microdermabrasion Machine comes with 4 adjustable suction strengths. It also has 4 removable probes that can tackle your other skin conditions like acne and blackheads. The 4 probes include: Big, Thick Circular Probe for stubborn deeply rooted blackheads, Big, Thin Circular Probe for acne and shallow blackheads, Small Circular Probe to unclog pores, and Oval Probes to clean the sides of the nose. It is extremely portable and comes with a charming storage bag that you can hold it in while travelling.
- Easy to use, can be turned on and off using just one click.
- Rechargeable and extremely portable. Small and compact build.
- Can be charged through any USB cable.
- The device is not suitable for sensitive skin types.
- The buttons are stiff and hard to press.
- Not very effective in dealing with large pores.
9. Appolus Diamond Microdermabrasion Kits:
This Microdermabrasion Machine by Appolus is suited for all skin types. Whether you have a sensitive skin, or aging skin, or dry or oily skin; this device will suit all skin types. It offers a glowing skin, tones out uneven pigmentation, reduces acne scars and blemishes. The diamond tip used for exfoliation unclogs your pores and reduces their size. You can choose from a range of variable speeds that will suit your liking. The vacuum suction helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, thus, undoing the effects of aging. The diamond is present outside the suction ring and is in contact with the skin during the entire treatment process.
- It has 3 levels for suction and you can choose any depending on your skin’s thickness.
- Extremely affordable compared to other microdermabrasion machines and has a robust build.
- Can get work done even with a lower suction power due to the presence of diamonds on the external rim.
- The machine does not emit loud noises.
- Does not contain any extra accessories or spare parts.
- Finding extra parts like 10mm filters is difficult.
- Difficult to put together since the user manual is not very helpful.
10. DermaNew Microdermabrasion:
The DermaNew Microdermabrasion machine works on the principle of scrubbing to remove all the surface dirt present on the skin. It has a dual surface tool, which is patented by DermaNew. It carries out two different actions, the exfoliation done by the scrubber and the massaging done with the vibrating wand. The machine comes with Facial Rejuvenation Formula Microdermabrasion Crème that helps in buffing and polishing the surface of your skin. The Crème contains antioxidants that can reverse the process of aging and give your skin a glowing look. The machine runs in AA batteries.
- Device is waterproof.
- Contains a built in timer.
- Can be used for sensitive skin.
- Can also be used to massage your skin.
- Cannot have the same deep cleansing effect similar to a diamond tip or suction microdermabrasion machine.
- The build of the machine is not very sturdy.
- If you have a thicker skin, this may not be as effective.
- Cannot help get rid of blackheads.
Tips to Keep in Mind While Using a Microdermabrasion Machine:
- Take a warm shower or use a hot towel on your face to open up your facial pores. You can even use a steamer.
- Always ensure that you perform the procedure a day or two in advance since it may cause slight redness and skin inflammation.
- Some Microdermabrasion Machines work better with crystals, while some can work as standalone devices. Consult your User Manual before making a choice.
- Use less pressure first and then test your skin, if it is still low, then you can increase it gradually.
- Do not apply too much pressure as it may lead to bruising.
- Do not overdo the procedure. Depending on the hardness of your device, space out between each procedure cycle. It may cause an overly sensitive skin.
- Apply a layer of soothing lotion of aloe vera gel in the end to calm your skin.
Post You May Like to Read:
- Tattoo Removal Creams – A Detailed Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Best Garbage Disposals for Your Approval
- 10 Best Liquid Lipstick that are Long Lasting & Waterproof
- Top 10 Fleece Lined Leggings to Beat the Cold Winter
- 10 Best Curling Wands for Natural Looking Hair
- Best Shampoo and Conditioner for Curly Hair