Wish you could lose an ample amount of fat after just one surgery? But to cut the long story short, that’s what liposuction surgery is all about, helping you lose fat from certain areas of the body, stubborn fat that does not respond to a combination of exercise and a diet. Maintaining a proper balance, proportion and contour are the sought-after elements in a human body, especially when you want to achieve an attractive body. Going under the knife is one way to sculpt your body and get into a better shape. It impacts any area of the body and gives huge improvements. So, is liposuction the right surgery for you? Is it worth the money you will be investing since it is for a cosmetic purpose? If you are still confused about this surgery, don’t worry we will help you come to a sensible conclusion.
How is the Liposuction Procedure Undertaken
Liposuction is an outpatient procedure and performed using either local anesthesia, intravenous sedation, or local anesthesia. Your cosmetic surgeon will have the final say on the procedure and will advise on the type of anesthesia required in your case.
Your cosmetic surgeon will make small incisions near the area where fat is removed. A cannula, or thin tube, is inserted inside the incisions and this enables loosening the excess fat beneath the skin. Once the fat loosens, it is suctioned out. The whole procedure takes about an hour or up to 3 hours or a little longer than that, it all depends on the number of areas that requires treatment.
Fat Removal Surgery – Five Steps to Consider before Opting for it
You have decided to go for liposuction surgery but have you considered the following steps? Going for any surgery needs a certain degree of mental preparation and more so when it comes to cosmetic surgery. This is because you cannot decide whether it is absolutely essential for you. Are you going for the surgery for health reasons or for aesthetic reasons? We know, you may find it hard to zero in on the right reason for the same. Instead of worrying too much, consider the following steps and make the right decision for yourself.
- Evaluate your health status – Be true to yourself, why are you going for the surgery? Is it to improve your overall health or is it purely because you want to fit within the parameters of perfect body image? That’s not all, consider your age and fitness levels. Also, in any case, surgery is not an answer to sheer laziness. Don’t take this as a short-cut to perfect body. You still require to put in hard work to reach the perfect-body goals. Your first approach should certainly be a well-balanced diet and a solid fitness regime. If you do not get results from that, only then you can consider liposuction treatment.
- Consider and evaluate some of the other options – Obesity is not healthy but going for a surgery has its own set of risks. Talk it out with a health professional and it is one of the best ways to find out whether you are apt for the surgery. If exercise and diet aren’t giving you the results then you can go for liposuction.
- Know all about the liposuction surgery – Liposuction involves a quick surgery involving a minimum incision and scarring as the fat is suctioned out without blood loss. When it comes to women, they usually undergo liposuction in the hips, abdomen, double chin, buttocks, and inner and outer thighs. The surgery gets wrapped out within a span of 1- 2 hours under a spate of a general anesthesia or local anesthesia and it is taken as a day case.
- Consider post-surgery needs – You have to follow a number of norms after the liposuction surgery. It involves wearing a compression garment for almost 3- 4 weeks to reduce the swelling parts operated upon. It takes full 1-2 weeks at least for complete recovery and gets back to normal activities. Are you willing to abide by the rules and regulations set by your surgeon?
- Is it what you want in the long run? A cosmetic surgery involves a number of things and you have to consider each one of them with care, your time, your pain threshold, cost of the entire treatment and so on. So, are you willing to invest time, effort and money for it?
Now, that you have decided to go for it, eliminate any semblance of doubt. Looking good and improving the contour and shape of your body can also have a positive impact on your mind, instilling in you a new-found confidence and mental strength. Liposuction has many other benefits such as removing fatty benign tumors known as lipomas. Men, suffering from gynecomastia get relief from the stigma attached to having “man boobs” and in general liposuction helps you keep on to the straight and narrow path of health and fitness. Though there are some risks attached to the procedure. Liposuction is considered, a safe procedure in general in the hands of a qualified professional.
Before going for liposuction, do a thorough research and find all about the clinic, where you will undergo the surgery. Talk to former patients of the same. Prepare a set of questions for them. Remember, this is a surgery you are going for, clarify all your doubts before taking the leap. Ask only people who have been there and done that, there are too many people who know nothing but loves to air their opinion on everything. In the end, it is your decision. Take a final call, once you go over all the aspects of the surgery. Go for it and reach for your aesthetic goals.