10 Best Self-Tanner with Detailed Reviews
If you are living in a country where the sunshine is not so common sight, then you must be attracted to the suntanned skin. It is obvious for a man to be attracted to the things he does not or can’t have naturally. For a cold country citizen, a suntan is one such thing. But science has a solution to all the problems of mankind. Then why not this? Nowadays there are self-tanners available in the markets which help you to get that suntanned look skin artificially.
What are Self-Tanners?
Self-tanners are lotions containing ingredients that react with your skin to produce an artificial suntan. When the self-tanner is applied on your skin it chemically reacts with the top layers of the skin to produce an artificial tanned look. It is a cosmetic product that can be highly effective on your skin. In case you crave for that tanned look and get jealous of those who have it, then worry not. Now you can get it without spending fortunes on expensive skin treatments.
How to Use Self-Tanners?
- If you want to get a manicure, shaving, exfoliation or any other treatment do it before application of your tanner.
- Use a cleanser or a scrub to gently remove the dead skin cells. This is done because tanners tend to sink in dry skin.
- After showering, wait for at least 10 minutes to completely dry off.
- Moisturize your skin with a gentle moisturizer before jumping on the application of tanner. This would make your skin soft and look natural.
- Choose your skin tanner according to the tone of your skin and not based on hearsay.
- Initially, use medium quantities only, and gradually if you like it, you can increase the quantity of tanner used.
- Start applying from the bottom and move upwards. This would help you cover all your body parts and give you a natural-looking appearance.
- Be careful while using it on your face. Use minimum quantity. Be extra vigilant while applying on sensitive areas like below eyes or lips.
- Wait for the tanner to dry.
- After that, brush up baby talc all over your body. This prevents tanner from transferring to your clothes.
After following these easy steps you are ready to flaunt your tanned look.
How to Rectify Mistakes During Application?
It is quite normal to make mistakes while applying the self-tanner on your skin. But the good part is these tanners are easy to correct. You don’t need to scratch or rub everything off and start from the beginning. All you need to do is rub off half a lemon on the area until the color fades and after that clean it gently with a wet towel.
How Long Does a Self-Tanner Last?
Since the self-tanners are applied on your skin, it is hard to predict how long-lasting would be the effect of the product. This depends on the skin cycle of different people. Usually, the top skin layer shied away after every 5-10 days. So almost all tanners have an effect on your skin for a period of 10 days.
How to Make the Tan Last Longer?
Certain measures can make your bronze effect last longer than normal. Some of these magical measures are listed below:
- Wash with a gentle cleanser
- Make sure your skin is always moisturized.
- Avoid acne treatments or use of retinol.
- Avoid using any treatments which make the color fade.
Why do People Use Self-Tanners?
Different people have different reasons for using self-tanners. The most common reasons because of which majority buy tanners are:
- If you are somebody with pale and undernourished looking skin, self-tanner can add a bronze effect to your skin which could make you look healthier.
- Studies suggest that tanned skin makes you look thinner. This is the main reason you should give it a try and check for yourself!
- In case you are a person tired of those skin imperfections, acne, etc, then self-tanners might help you conceal these imperfections perfectly.
- The most common reason why people use self-tanners is that it is safer than natural sun`s UV rays or tan beds. This is a safer and easier alternative.
- The whole process of using these self-tanning lotions is hassle-free. You can effortlessly get the tanned look you desire.
- Having a bit of a tanned complexion can make you look not only different but also a bit sexier. The changed appearance might attract some attention to you!
So why are you still thinking? Try these amazing products soon!
Buying Guide to the Top Self-Tanners :
To help you be a wise shopper, we have listed a few pointers below which would ensure that you make a good choice. Take a look at this list before jumping on the decision:
A Form of Tanner: The tanner comes in various forms like mousse, spray, lotions. While mousses are creamier sprays are easy to use in hard to reach areas of the body. You need to choose your preference accordingly. For beginners, most lotions are recommended.
Fragrance: For some of the buyers this point matters a lot. Since you have to use the self-tanner all over your body, it would be better if you like the scent of the product.
Stains: Many tanning products leave stains on your towels, bedsheets, etc. This would lead to spoilage. It’s better to check the information carefully before buying the product.
Duration: Though it is obvious that your tan won’t last very long, it is still advisable to read about the duration mentioned on the packaging. It would prevent you from buying poor quality products that fade away in a day or two.
Drying time: The drying time varies for different products. Read the packaging carefully. Choose the products which have a comparatively less drying time. It would help save you time.
Based on these Tips, We have a List of 10 Best Self-Tanning Products.
1. Self Tanner Sunless Tanning Lotion:
It is one of the best self-tanning lotions available in the market. This self-tanner is developed keeping in mind your safety and has an amazing formula that is build-able, nourishing, and easy to blend. It won’t let you look fake, orange, or streaky. This sunless tanning lotion also provides your skin a gorgeous glow and you don’t need excessive sun exposure which, undoubtedly, causes early signs of aging i.e. wrinkles, age spots, and creepy skin.
- Protects skin in a manner that you enjoy a beautiful tan and glow.
- All ingredients selected carefully.
- Prevents you from the early sign of aging.
- Might look flaky if the skin is not hydrated well.
2. Loreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Toning Lotion:
This is one of the best self-tanner for the face. It moisturizes your skin and gives medium natural tan. This lotion contains Vitamin E and gentle AHAs which give beautiful, natural-looking, and streak-free tan. Use this excellent self-tanner on a daily basis until you reach your desired level of tan. You can Apply this product 1-2 times per week.
- This marvelous self-tanner contains non-tinted gradual tanning formula.
- It dries quickly.
- It is streak-free and moisturizing
- It is made for all types of skins.
- Use as per instructions in order to avoid orange streaks.
3. St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse:
This stunning self-tanning mousse is one of the best tanners for pale skin. This bottle is available as 200ml quantity variant. If you are looking for an instant self-tanning mousse for you beautiful pale skin, St Moriz is definitely made for you. not only does it give you a rich tan, but also hydrates your beautiful skin. The mousse texture is easy to use. the product gives you a dark chocolate color.
- You can use it all over your body.
- It is made for all types of skins.
- It gives instant results.
- It is an instant tanner so it needs to be applied daily as it dries very fast.
See Also: 10 Best Foundations For Flawless and Beautiful Looking Skin
4. Tarte Girls Just Wanna Have Sun 4 Piece Set:
This is one of the best set of self-tanners available in the market. The set includes travel size Brazilliance PLUS+ self-tanner, Brazilliance self-tanning face towelette, deluxe better bod bronze and contour, deluxe Amazonian clay waterproof bronzer in park ave princess. If you are looking for an artificial tanning product that looks very natural, this is the right choice for you. the product gives your skin a perfect texture.
- You can get an instant tan with the help of these excellent products.
- Made from naturally derived healthy ingredients.
- Provides waterproof tan.
- It fades
5. Self Tanner & Tanning Application Kit:
It is a popular self-tanner for fair skin available in the market. This kit consists of a Bundle of Sunless Tanning Lotion made with Natural & Organic Ingredients, Exfoliation Mitt, Body and Face Applicator Glove for a Professional Self Tan. The face application glove helps to reach the smaller areas of your face. Exfoliator Mitt can be used to remove the bronze skin after self-tanning. This sun-free tanning formula gives you a gradual sun-kissed glow without the sunburns, early aging, and skin cancer.
- Best suited for pale skin.
- It is made from all natural ingredients.
- Includes an exfoliating mitt to exfoliate your skin for a long lasting tan.
- Be careful while applying it near wrist, ankles, and knees as it tends to get darker in those areas than your skin.
6. Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner:
If you are looking for a complete package that would help you bid adieu to the pale ghostly skin, then this is the product you should definitely have in your dressing table. It is one of the best self-tanner for beginners available in the market. It is formulated to give you a rich and natural-looking tan. It will not only give your skin a gorgeously bronze look but also contains anti-aging moisturizers that hydrate, replenish, and restore your skin.
- Nourishes your skin and gives you a stunningly authentic tan.
- Enhances and builds a sunless
- Is a tanner and anti-ager i.e. two in one saving your time as well as money.
- Can stain your hands if gloves not used while application.
See Also: Top 10 Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin
7. SugarBaby Sun Believable Dark Bronze Self Tanner Mousse:
Tired of that pale looking skin? Or are you looking forward to experimenting with your skin? Then head towards buying this amazing self-tanner by sugar baby. It gives your skin a resort-style deep tan all year round. It is enriched with SugarBaby’s customized skin-loving Anti-Tan- 3 which keeps your skin soft and smooth. It glides on effortlessly and evenly to present uneven patches that provide a believable bronzed tropical self-tanner that will deepen for two hours.
- Made from natural extracts which are good for your skin.
- It is vegan-friendly.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Has a bit of chemical smell.
8. Sunless Tanning Lotion:
This tanner provides the beautiful and even tone skin you deserve. It is made with nature’s vitamin-rich oils and gives you a flawless tan. It has no mineral oil, no petrolatum, no alcohol, and no fillers. It is a revolutionary self-tanner that is made with nature’s wholesome oils. So it gives you a natural-looking tan and a fine skin texture. Don’t wait, hurry and buy this one of its kind long-lasting self-tanning lotions.
- It is fast and absorption is very deep that enhances elasticity.
- It gives you a sun-kissed skin in a bottle.
- Its odor may be sensitive to some people.
9. Coconut Water Based Long Lasting Self Tanner Foam:
This Coconut water-based skin tanner gives you an extremely hydrating skin therapy experience that instantly gives dark tan. Its weightless formula absorbs quickly and locks in the moisture. It delivers a fast, rich dark brown finish. Coconut is for all types of skins that restores skin hydration. So with this product in your vanity, you not only get the desired skin color but also the best skin health. The product meets both your needs in the best possible manner.
- This revolutionary self-tanner provides you with quick results.
- Coconut water and antioxidants smooth stretch marks and hydrate your skin for a long-lasting tan.
- It is suitable for all types of skins.
- It won’t ruin your bedsheets as it is streak-free.
- It gives a good color but sometimes it does not last long.
See Also: Home Remedies to Get a Glowing Skin
10. Suave Professionals Visible Glow Self-Tanning Body Lotion:
The amazing Visible Glow self-tanner provides you with an even, natural-looking tan. It is streak-free and gives your skin the right amount of color. The rich hydrating formula moisturizes your skin for the whole day. The wisest choice for you would be to hurry and get this product for yourself. After using this product, you are sure to get eyes turned towards you. it gives you a rich tanning experience combined with improvement in skin texture and health.
- Gives amazing results if applied daily.
- Available for “Fair to Medium” and “Medium to Tan” skin tones.
- Keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Its scent may bother some people but its daily application provides you with great results.
Precautions While using Self-Tanners:
All products are good but only till they are used carefully. Self-tanners can harm your skin if the below listed precautionary measures are not kept in mind while using:
- Use protective eyewear to prevent your eyes from direct exposure to the chemicals. Since your eyes are very sensitive, you need to prevent any unwanted chemicals from entering into them.
- Use nose filters to prevent yourself from inhaling the spray mists. This is one point you need to take care when you use spray based tanners.
- Use lip balms to prevent lips from getting dry. Lip balms keep them moisturize and also protect your lips.
- Wear protective undergarments to prevent the chemicals from infecting your private areas.
- Make sure to apply the spray tan only in a ventilated area.
Due to the above dangers related mostly with spray based tans, it is advised that beginners opt for lotion or mousse self-tanners only. But they also need to be used judiciously and vigilantly.
Gone are the days when you had to fret about not having the desired skin tone. Now you no longer need to worry about having a tanned complexion even when you stay in a cold climate country. The tanned look makes you look sexier and definitely more attractive. So why wait? Get your favorite self-tanner soon and spread magic wherever you go!
But do keep in mind the buying guides we told you about and the safety measures also. Make your tanning experience worth by using the products as directed. We are sure that you would not want to hurt your skin or look terrible. So get a self-tanner for yourself soon!
Posts You May Also Like:
- How To Treat Sun Damaged Skin Naturally
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally and Permanently
- Easy Tips To Prevent Dry Skin in Winter
- Best Face Moisturizers Cream for Sensitive Skin
- Tips to Make Your Skin and Body Beautiful & Healthy